1. Thank God. It is easy to start off the week complaining. However, we must remember that if we are breathing, we should be thankful! In fact, there are thousands of people who never woke up this morning who would wish to have another Monday.
2. Understand Perspective. You may not be where you want to be in life. That’s okay. But instead of focusing on what you DON’T have, focus on what you DO have. Focus on the people who ARE here. Focus on the project you DO have in front of you, etc. Change your vocabulary. Instead of saying “I HAVE to go to work” tweak it and say “I GET to go to work!” Instead of saying “I HAVE to do such and such…” say “I GET to do such and such…” It’s all about perspective, people!
3. Map Out Your Week. If you don’t write down what you aim to accomplish this week, you’ll get to the end of the week having merely existed. Determine not to go through the motions this week. Start today by writing down your goals, making action plans to accomplish those goals and work hard at achieving them.
4. Help Someone. It is difficult to be in a slump when you are helping other people out. Find someone, anyone, and help them. If you don’t know what to do, simply write them an encouraging note. That might help them more than anything else.
5. Spend Time with God. What a better way to start the week than to spend some time with your Creator! Read. Journal. Pray. Repeat. Hear from God and do what He says! It’s as simple and complicated as that.