Church should not be experienced in a row; but in a circle. If you are merely focused at the back of someone's head trying to pay attention to a sermon, true spiritual transformation will seldom happen. However, when you move from a row (sitting in church) to a circle (joining a small group - or a Grace Group - as we call them at Grace Church), the likelihood for life-change increases dramatically. Here's a message that I have to all of our current Grace Group Leaders (and potential leaders) for the upcoming fall season of ministry...
Here's a brief outline of the key dates and information that was discussed:
- In the past, we have had Grace Group launches based around a curriculum or corresponding sermon series. There will still be the option for groups to utilize these resources, but our campaigns will no longer be driven by a certain curriculum; rather, the over-all goal will be to get people connected!
- Visit the Grace Group Resource Page HERE to get the latest resources for your group.
- Grace Group Semester Cycle
- Fall 2014 Sept 8 – Nov 24
- Spring 2015 Feb 2 – April 27
- Summer 2015 June 1 – Aug 30
- Fall 2015 Sept 14 – Nov 23
- Group Gathering- August 27, 7-9pm.We want and need all Grace Group Leaders to join us!
- New Grace Group Leader Training will happen from 6-7pm (before the Grace Group Gathering)
- Group Link – September 6/7 after each of the five weekend services (more details to follow)